September: Charms

Ben waited for his turn to stand up in front of the class to introduce himself. When his name was called he confidently went forward and began.  

"Hey everyone. My name is Ben Coletti. I am a pure-blood and my father is an Auror. My mom is a healer over at St. Mungo's. An interesting fact about me is that my parents just had a baby girl! Her name is Hannah. So I just became a big brother!" 


The class cheered excitedly and he looked at the black board to see what the next questions were. "I think Charms are things like curses and jinxes that you use your wand for, that you call incantations and move your wand a certain way. Then, the wand creates something or makes it do something different than it usually does. But with Transfiguration, it actually changes something into something else..." 


He looked at the board then and continued. "I am most looking forward to charms that will protect people. I really wanna be able to protect my baby sister and make sure that nothing bad happens to her... I'm not really excited about writing a bunch of things out and studying... I would rather just be doing the spells and practicing them to make sure that I've got it down. I'm not really good at memorizing things so... hopefully I'll figure that out too." 


Ben thought about it a bit and said, "I don't really know too many charms or spells... My parents just used simple ones around us... Dad had to use 'Lumos' once, 'cause we were out camping and we were out on a hike but then it got super dark... So Dad made the light appear so we could find our way home! It was basically like our wand turned into a flashlight. But they usually do most of their magic away from me... they didn't want me to get any ideas," he grinned impishly. 


When he had finished, he went back to his seat amidst the applause from his other classmates. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September: Potions

Introduction: Ben Coletti

Defence Against the Dark Arts - Practicing Riddikulus