September: Potions

Write a Letter to Professor Bennet... 

Dear Professor Bennett,


My name is Ben Coletti. I am eleven years old and have been sorted into Gryffindor House. My father is an Auror at the Ministry of Magic and my mother is a Healer at St. Mungo’s. My parents also just had a baby girl three months ago and her name is Hannah. I’m really protective of her! 


I am both nervous and excited about taking Potions. I have heard a lot about the healing potions from my mother, as she uses them a lot of course, and my father has used some for his work as well. But I myself have never made any of course. I have just watched them working and been curious as to where they get the ingredients and how they make them. That is really all that I know about Potions. I just hope I don’t blow things up or make a mess… I have a tendency to um… cause accidents. 


This year I hope to learn the basics of the subject, including where and how to get ingredients. I want to learn healing potions so that maybe I can help my mother in the summer sometimes, earning some more galleons as an assistant or something. 


It sounds to me like you know what you are doing with this subject, Sir. I am a tad intimidated though because you seem to expect greatness… and I don’t know if I will really be that good at it. But I will do my best to impress you. I think that you will be able to teach us a lot of things, and will make sure that we don’t get hurt in the process. 


See you in class, Sir! 

Ben. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction: Ben Coletti

The Letter