September: Care of Magical Creatures (COMC)

Ben stood from his desk, getting used to this by now. He had already introduced himself to his classmates a few times this week, but what was once more right? He took a deep breath and looked around. “Well, my name is Ben Coletti, as the professor said. I was sorted into Gryffindor House and my father is an Auror. My mother works as a healer at St. Mungo’s. I like to watch Quidditch and really hope to be on the team sometime throughout being at Hogwarts. It’s a really cool sport and I can’t wait to actually play it! Though, I can’t wait to actually fly my broom too… so there's that…" he cleared his throat. “My favourite creature… That’s pretty easy. I love the Phoenix bird. The way that it is reborn from the ashes after it dies is just so cool… the bird is so resilient and strong, like I want to be. Also it comes to whoever its owner is whenever they need help, and that’s kind of like me. So I guess I would compare myself to that creature as well. It’s really important for me to be there for others when they need help and to protect them… I guess it comes with being a big brother now, or being the son of an auror probably could be why…” 

He thought more then and said, “I think as far as what I want to learn about… The Ashwinders really seem fascinating. They rise from the ashes just to live for like an hour… to lay more eggs… but why? I really am curious as to what their purpose is. It sounds like the ground version of a Phoenix, doesn’t it?” 


He looked at the board and said, “I think the thing I’m looking most forward to is going to be meeting the different creatures and getting to know how to safely be around the dangerous ones. The thing I’m really not excited about is the classification of the creatures. There are a whole bunch of them and I have the feeling I’m not going to remember any!” he sighed, but then looked over at the professor. “But I’m really excited to be here!” With that, he went to sit down. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September: Potions

Introduction: Ben Coletti

Defence Against the Dark Arts - Practicing Riddikulus