September: Flying

Dear Diary,  


Today we had flying class… my first one ever! I was so excited to finally be out on the Quidditch Pitch. It was absolutely beautiful, and I couldn’t believe I was finally there in person. I had to answer what the word ‘flying’ meant to me. For me, it simply means being able to raise up off the air and move around without your feet touching the ground. 


I’ve not really flown much before… I wasn’t allowed to, with the whole underage magic rule and everything… but I definitely got to go watch the Quidditch World Cup last year, and it was pretty amazing! I watched them play and really couldn’t wait to being on a broom… They were so fast and it was so cool to see… I think flying will be amazing. It’ll be like riding a bicycle with feeling so free and fast moving along… but you don’t have to be down on the ground waiting for people to walk out of the way so you can bike through… I really am looking forward to it because my goal is to become a Quidditch player myself, so I definitely need to learn how to fly! 


As far as flying a broom compared to other ways of magical transportation… that is a really interesting question, isn’t it? I guess it would depend on the situation. If I want to get somewhere really fast, I would use floo powder or apparation if I’m old enough. But if I want to just travel and see the scenery while I go along, or to be able to take like family trips and talk to each other… a broom might be more practical! 


Either way, I can’t wait to get on a broom and fly! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September: Potions

Introduction: Ben Coletti

Defence Against the Dark Arts - Practicing Riddikulus