September: Herbology

Ben looked around the greenhouse, fascinated by the glass walls and all of the desks lined up on the sides of the greenhouse. When it was his turn, he stood up and went to the front of the class and said, “Hey everyone, my name is Ben Coletti. I’m in Gryffindor House and well... I just became a big brother! My parents just had a baby girl named Hannah!” 

He thought about the next question and said, “I don't really know a whole lot about Herbology. To be honest the only things I know are the healing herbs and I only know that because my mom works at St. Mungo’s. She uses Dittany a lot… ‘cause it helps to make skin grow over a wound or injury that might have happened. Episkey is something else she’s used a lot ‘cause it heals small, painful injuries… Even something like Bubotuber pus is really good for healing.” 


“I’m really excited to learn more plants like the ones that my mom uses so that I can help her more, especially when my baby sister gets hurt or sick or something… Also I think it would be really cool to learn what plants could be used to protect someone.” 


The last question made him think a little. “If I were a magical plant? I know it’s kinda weird but I would probably pick something like Venemous Tentacula. It’s really powerful and moves around and is able to grab humans with its spiky branches. I think it would be a cool way to protect someone and maybe attack any enemies that come my way.” 


He smiled and looked around the classroom. “I hope to get to know all of you guys… If you need me… you know where to find me!” With that he went to sit down. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September: Potions

Introduction: Ben Coletti

Defence Against the Dark Arts - Practicing Riddikulus